Daniel Smith Primary Set Review – Brief Thoughts
In this video, I will be demonstrating the Daniel Smith primary set and will review the results. I’ll show how these colors work together through a short demonstration near the end where I will go through a landscape tutorial for beginners.
I wasn’t paid to do this review and bought these paints myself.
These are significantly cheaper to purchase as a set rather than individually. I think this is a fantastic set for beginners and advanced painters. They are all single pigment colors, which mix very well on paper. I find that the ultramarine creates some granulation when mixed with the other colors too, it’s quite beautiful.
I sketched in the landscape above in about 10 minutes. As you can see, you are able to get a wide range of tones and hues from just these three tubes.
I have attached some affiliate links below if you’d like to purchase some. I may receive a small commission if you click through any of the links below, and there is no extra cost to you.
Links and Extra Resources
Basic Materials (Affiliate Links):
Etchr Professional Black Drawing Pens – https://amzn.to/3d1zhil
Uniball Eye Drawing Pens: https://amzn.to/3letASU
Etchr Perfect Sketchbook – https://amzn.to/3n7ZQZm
Etchr Mixed Media Sketchbook – https://amzn.to/3DbFiEC
Daniel Smith Essential Mixing Set – https://amzn.to/3CaxD8e
Daniel Smith Secondary Watercolour Set: https://amzn.to/3nnr9yS
Daniel Smith Primary Watercolour Set: https://amzn.to/3Ct9cTV
Daniel Smith Mineral Mixing Set: https://amzn.to/3kP4YQi
Black Tulip Brush Set – https://bit.ly/2Scl7nM
Baohong 100% Cotton Watercolour Paper: https://amzn.to/30hNDs4
If you’d like to support me:
Leave a comment below if you have questions & I’ll get back to you 🙂
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/watercolourmentor/
- Facebook Community – https://www.facebook.com/groups/watercolourmentor/
- Facebook Community – https://www.facebook.com/groups/watercolourbeginners/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/watercolourmentor/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/darrenyeoart/
- Official Course Website – https://watercolourmentor.com/courses/
- Skillshare – https://www.skillshare.com/r/user/watercolourmentor (Free 2 Week trial through this link)