Join our communities with 150,000 members!
Watercolour Articles & Free Workshops
Just starting out? These articles will help you learn the basics of watercolours:
- Essential Watercolor Techniques: A Guide For Beginners 29 April 2022
- Easy Perspective Tips: Give Your Paintings Depth! 23 April 2022
- Easy Line and Wash: Learning How to Paint a Coastal Landscape 14 March 2022
- I’m Not Getting Better! Making Mistakes and Staying Motivated To Paint. 1 March 2022
- Loosen Up Your Painting: 5 Practical Steps and Techniques 16 February 2022
- Easy Watercolor Portrait Sketching: Paint A Portrait in 10 Minutes! 12 February 2022
"Very much the course I was looking for. I have only limited, beginners experience. Easy to understand and follow. Really enjoying the cityscapes. This course was so much fun and a great learning experience. Thanks so much!"
"If you like loose landscapes with ink and watercolour this is a great class to take. There are a lot of different demonstrations to see how you can treat different elements in the scene like figures, water, shoreline etc."
"The teacher is excellent and has different examples that can be worked on like where the person is facing. Also, he added some tips and helpful apps mentioned to use for better drawing. I learned a lot in this class. Thank you!"
"This is a great class for line and wash techniques. There are very few on Skillshare classes about this medium. There are very few Skillshare classes about this medium. I did this class as a pre-cursor to trying out plein air painting-something I have never done before and I am a little intimidated by."
"I found it very helpful to watch the Watercolor Mentor sketch and paint the subject and then to practice the techniques on my own painting. It was a great class. As an added bonus, I got to pretend I was in Venice for a little while!"
"Was fun to watch his loose style and encouraged me to turn my paintings into cards and get a use from them."
Free Social Learning Communities
Did you know we have online communities of almost 150,000 members? Join our friendly and supportive communities below. You will find useful tips, tutorials, resources and free live workshops.